The data controller of this website is Anthony Gatt, 13, Giorgio Preca Street, San Gwann. Book Distributors Limited (“We”) commit ourselves to protecting and respecting your privacy when visiting our website. We undertake to collect your data by means that are fair, legal and transparent.
Please read the following information to understand our practices with regards to your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes any information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, requesting further services or subscribing to any service offered by us on the site. In order to assist you better we may request further information if you report a problem with our site.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence with you if you contact us.
- Details of the resources you access and of your visits to our site.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and of the completion of your orders.
Where we collect your data from sources other than yourself, we undertake:
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your consent; and
- to declare to you what sources we use, and under what circumstances.
We undertake to declare the purpose of collection of data in a manner which is clear and meaningful, and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as 'to support our operations'.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer in the form of statistical data concerning your browsing actions and which will not personally identify the user. We may also collect information about your general internet usage using cookie files stored on the hard drive of all computers. The cookies contain valuable information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. In collecting this information we are able to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service. You can refuse to accept cookies but note that in doing this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We undertake to store and, or to transmit your data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
All data transmited while checkout is transmitted using a secure connection (SSL). We do not store any credit card details in our databases. All transactions are passed through a secure gateway which in turn does the nessecary communications with the relative banks.
WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We undertake to use your data only for:
- notifying you of any changes to our service;
- ensuring that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- providing you, where you have consented to be contacted, with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we believe that such information may be of interest to you;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so;
- the purposes for which the information was collected;
- such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between yourself and us;
- such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, we shall take all reasonable measures available to us to communicate to you that the use has occurred, unless this will involve a disproportionate effort.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We undertake to solely disclose your personal data for the provision of the requested service/s. Where such services are sub-contracted, we undertake to regulate the relationship which the contractor by means of a contractual agreement in order to bind the third party to process your data in accordance with our instructions.
Your personal data may also be disclosed to other third parties, including couriers, Government and regulatory authorities, where this is strictly required by law.
Your personal data shall not be disclosed for any other reason apart from those mentioned above, without your express consent.
DATA RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
- to retain your data for no longer than necessary having regard to the purpose of processing, unless this is strictly required by a specific law; and
- to destroy your data when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that your data is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
As an individual you may exercise your right to access the data held about you by Book Distributors Limited by submitting your request in writing to the data controller.
Although all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your information updated, you may access and edit your data online from our website (www.bdlbooks.com). You will need to log in using the username and password registered at the time of creating your account with us. You also have the right to request the blocking or erasure of data which has been processed unlawfully.
Any comments or suggestions that you may have and which may contribute to a better quality of service will be welcomed and greatly appreciated. These may be posted to us here.